Sep 3, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: EVERYTHING EVERYTHING, YEARS & YEARS, SOULS OF MISCHIEF & PROTOTYPE RAPTOR

Happy Happy Happy Monday!
Or if you happen to be in New York - which I currently am - Happy West Indies Labour Day! Hahaha.. I am actually headed to the parade this morning, so I am hoping to bring some amazing pictures from the event to you later!

So yes, I am finally in New York after years of obsession, months of saving and days of waiting! I am here for a couple of months and will be completing an internship (first day tomorrow!!!) which I am hoping is going to be a blast! I just got here, so I am yet to experience the local music scene, but definitely cant wait to share with the new music from local New York very soon! But for now, enjoy these :)

1. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING - COUGH COUGH

I really outdid myself today with the repeating words in a band name/song track. This explosive track by Everything Everything is by far my favourite for the week! And I included the whole video clip, cause I absolutely love it too! Its the kind of English rock that really agrees with me too - a little reminiscent of like Kasabian... I can already tell that I am going to be playing this one a lot this month :) So I am excited to check out the rest of their album. But I am going to have to wait quite a bit for that one cause their new album Arc wont be out till Jan of next year .....eeeeep.

2. YEARS & YEARS - I WISH I KNEW

I think I dig this song especially for its chorus, it kind of has a 50s vibe to it, very Californian surf. Years & Years are in fact Londoner's and have been at the game for a couple of years now. I hadn't heard of them till now, and am really loving their laid back style of music. But I fell in love with this track purely because of the video clip. Absolutely freaking adoraaaaaaaable! And I think these guys would just be soooo popular with how the Brisbane/Aussie music scene is heading at the moment - laid back and rhythmic tunes. Love.

3. SOULS OF MISCHIEF - CAB FARE

Okay so technically not a new track, but it is for me :) I go through days where all I listen to is 90s style hip hop. Its a little bit more striped back and very easy listening! And this track by Souls of Mischief is no different! Just bop your head and nod to the beat :)

4. PROTOTYPE RAPTOR - JURASSIC SNACK PACK

I am not the biggest fan of techno or electronica. But when its done melodically (or with a bit of dubstep action, cause really who am I kidding) I can get with it you know. I have especially been loving the wave of 8-bit inclusions in a lot of tracks, like this one here by Prototype Raptor :D Its super addictive and I just know it would get me in a great G'ed up mood! These are the kind of hyped up songs I listen to when I need to get a lot organised or get focused. Perfect for tomorrow!

And thats its folks for this fine (but cloudy) Monday morning :)
Hope you enjoyed and always feel free to comment or discuss the tracks below or on the facebook :) I love hearing what you guys think of the picks!


twitterbloglovinfacebook

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every moment living it up in the big NYC! Brisbane misses you but more importantly DP misses you.

    It feels nostalgic reading through A&D. Bringing back all these lurker memories... (When I was the quiet unknown creeper, only yearning to be your friend). Well guess what New York City I am one of the best friends now :D :D :D

    Musings of the the inner stalker confessional revealed. Hahaha! I hope this makes you laugh because I can already hear the infectious laugh of Kasturi Shan cross continents apart!

    Miss you Mamma K xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello,