Feb 14, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: DUFFY IS BACK!

It has been a quite couple of months on the music front, I guess people have just given up on releasing some new music/cds considering the holidays months (a pure PR and Marketing move - as why waste efforts promoting a new song or cd when people clearly have no money to buy anything after the Christmas season).

Plus the Grammy Awards were on this weekend. And everyone was just getting ready for that!
But one song that I have just can not get out of my head is Duffy's new one: Well Well Well.



She is the god daughter of Tom Jones and made us screaming for Mercy from her last record 'Rockferry'. I loved the last album, but I think this new one called 'Endlessly' will be more of a favourite.On my flight back to Brisbane I listened to the new album and it is simply devine. Catchy, soulful and Duffy's voice is so smooth!. Well Well Well is so catchy and really dancey ( a new term I learned on the weekend, I dont think its legit but it fits ). I believe its about an over protective partner but mostly what I love about this song is that Duffy hasnt tried to jump on the "Lets all try going techno in our songs just to fit in" bandwagon.

This is something I have realised of new songs of the radio, everyone is trying their hand at techno - when clearly it is not their genre. Even my favourite Snoop Dogg. I just heard on Nova yesterday with him rapping on a techno track(more like crap). There is no way that everyone in the world likes to listen to techno, so where are we to go when everything on the radio sound like something that would be playing at The Family.

So Well, Well, Well is my pick for this week's NEWMUSICMONDAY.The lack of internet whilst overseas is the reason I havent been on top of my NMM for the last couple of weeks. But I'm back and am here to showcase more new music, every Monday :)

But to make up for it, here is a list of some of the winners from The 2011Grammy Awards.




2011 WINNERS
via Celebrity-Gossip.net


Album Of The Year
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
Record Of The Year
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum (listening to now.. not a fan)
Best Rap Album
Recovery - Eminem
Best New Artist
Esperanza Spalding **FUN FACT - SHE WON GOING UP AGAINST BIEBER & DRAKE. FINALLY REAL MUSIC&ARTISTS WIN. 
Esperanza on CBS (intro and song) & Esperanza Live in Copenhagan

Best Pop Vocal Album
The Fame Monster - Lady Gaga
Best Dance Recording
Only Girl (In The World) - Rihanna
Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
Tighten Up - The Black Keys (LOVE! the video, this alone should have made them win).
Best Alternative Music Album
Brothers - The Black Keys
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
Wake Up! Everybody - John Legend, The Roots, Melanie Fiona & Commo
Best Rap Song:
Empire State Of Mind - Jay-Z & Alicia Keys



UNTIL NEXT TIME GANG!


Follow amped+dangerous

1 comment:

Oh hello,