Jan 21, 2013

NEWMUSICMONDAY: MITZI, NICK WATERHOUSE, ALLAH-LAS & MISUN

I feel like I have a neglected a child! I have been so incredibly consumed with some IRL shiz as well as some new projects I am lining with A&D that my gorgeous NMM segment has been slightly left behind. But never fear! I have got four amazing tracks to wash all those blues away.

Ps. How was everyone's Big Day Out experience? Did you find some new artist to jam too? 

I have really been enjoying the feedback from the NMM post - as I know for a lot of you its your favourite on A&D, so make sure to leave me your suggestions for future post! Either below in the comments or on Facebook :) 


1. WHO WILL LOVE YOU NOW - MITZI
Found these guys during my music sesh on Concrete Playground (read that article here). Mitzi are half Brisbanites and half ??? But all you need to know is that if you love the likes of Cut Copy, M83 and other soft pop electronica reminiscent of the 80s, then you will love Mitzi. Yay for new Australian music!


2. I JUST WANT TO BUY YOU SOME MARACAS GIRL - NICK WATERHOUSE

Yes, I am still swooning over Nick Waterhouse.. but how can you not! You can read the first A&D introduction to Nick on this post here.This is like my favourite song to go running to. It has the perfect beat, but also cute phrases like "Keep Going... Come On!" - but how can you not love that horn and strings section. There is just something so infectious about his music. It could be a combincation of the genre and production, but its also his voice that gets you sucked into the world of blues and jazz rock and roll! I play my Waterhouse loud and proud!


3. CATAMARAN - ALLAH-LAS

My friend Dom and I were sitting at a cafe, discussing life as we usually do, when this song came on through the speakers. We were both bobbing our heads and asking each other if we knew who this was. And since neither of us didint - Shazam came to rescue. This is most definitely one of my most favourite apps (for obvious reasons). The app revealed that this soulful track comes from Californian natives, Allah-Las. And since then, I haven't been able to stop listening to their tracks. Its the perfect summer album. Play, enjoy and repeat.


4. HARLOT - MISUN  
Misun hail from Washington, DC and their first single for 2013 is alive and kicking! This song falls in the category of repetitive songs that you can get on board with and sing along to. They definitely a unique sound which they have harnessed in this single; Harlot. Can't wait to hear more from the three-piece. 

And that's me for this week gang! What have you been upto?
Recovered from a big weekend of Big Day Outing?
Talk to you soon. xx


twitter • tumblr • bloglovin • facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,