Jul 30, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: THESKINS, FRANKOCEAN, RUSHHOURSOUL, WILLOWBEATS

Ahhhh.... so after a very long hiatus my Amped friends, NewMusicMonday is back this week to bring you four tracks that a) hot off the press and b) so good that it will cure your Monday'itis ;) So lets not digress, and just get straight in to it!!!!

Warning ** Infectious seemed to be the word of the day today.... 
1. THE SKINS - KILLER 

I have to thank my new writer friend Bianca Valentino for this one. She recently curated her top jams of 2012 so far on Collapse Board and soul Brooklyn band The Skins made the list at the top and really I can't argue with her otherwise. These guys are just the coolest! The song Killer itself is infectious (slide the circle to 3:54 and just wait to get sucked in!!!!) and has a repetitive beat that you cant ignore, but it's the video that really sold me the track. They all just look like they are having SO much fun! I am very much looking forward to seeing what else these group of kids (no really, they are kids ranging from 13 to 19 years old... absolutely amazing!) have in store in the future. I am hoping that I can catch a set, when I head over to Brooklyn at the end of August.

2. WILLOW BEATS - FROM UNDER THE GROUND 

Willow Beats are a talented duo from Melbourne town who make Pretty infectious electronic music bordering on some dubstep and trans vibes. But one thing is clear, these guys are destined to make some beautiful music together. Under the Ground is just infectious with the sweet beat by Narayana and the gorgeous voice of Kalyani. They're debuting their sounds on Triple J's Unearthed site - so I suggest you guys check them out and show them love. And you know what else this means.... Free music! Triple J Unearthed bands have their music free to download on the site - so there really is no excuse for you to check them out!

3. RUSH HOUR SOUL - TABLE FOR TWO
Click here to have a listen & download the track fo' free y'all!
Staying with the young unearthed/unsigned Australian bands, we have Brisbane quartet Rush Hour Soul with their track Caroline, which is by far my favourite from their list of tracks. In keeping with the theme of their name, Caroline is a soulful rock song that just gets your foot stomping and your head bopping. I have seen these boys a few times now live, and when they perform this song, the whole venue goes wild! Well I do anyway.... And hot tip, if you live in the gorgeous Brisbane area, you can catch Rush Hour Soul play at Ric's Exposed Comp this Sunday (5th August) from 9pm.

4. FRANK OCEAN - SUPER RICH KIDS (FT EARL SWEATSHIRT)

Ahhhh what can I say, Frank (bloody) Ocean, he is back again with an equally amazing album to follow up his claim to fame; Nostalgia. Although I am a bit upset, that Channel ORANGE didn't originate as a free mix tape on Frank Ocean's Tumblr - I got over myself, to appreciate the beautiful songs on Channel ORANGE, this being my favourite at the moment. This reminds me slightly of a Michael Jackson flavour... and it is just oh so smoooooth. And the lyrics are just absolutely hilarious, which just adds to the song! Really matches my favourite new pop culture find here. You are either going to love this new album of Frank Ocean, or you are just going to let it pass by. And to be honest, thats cool - we don't need to be friends...

And thats it for now folks, I hope you enjoyed that :) 
Watch this space for some very exciting updates. 

What are you listening to? Any new music you want to share??? 


twitterbloglovinfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,