Jan 8, 2012

TRENDY: TAUPE SHADOW

I was reading up articles on Cushnie Et Ochs (one of my favourite labels at the moment) in Nylon & The Coveteur and stumbled across their Fall/Winter 11 lookbook. And I was drawn to the make up - a simple Taupe smokey eye.

CUSHNIE ET OCHS • BACKSTAGE FT TAUPE MAKEUP


I definitely think, Taupe is the new grey when it comes to make up colours. And its literally the perfect colour. Why?? It suits every skin tone, eye shape and colour. Taupe is smouldering without being overpowering. The everyday black/grey smokey eye is fine, but to switch it up with some Taupe action, is just whats winter needs this year.

Taupe is also a great base to work off of. Its mixes well with neons (which is perfect as neon is of course the colour of the season at the moment). Now, I am not saying that you should run out and mix neon and taupe eyeshadows. But what I am saying is that taupe coloured eyes are a perfect pairing to a daring neon outfit or even a neon lip perhaps?
DOROTHY SCHUMACHER • RUNWAY 

If you're not an eyeshadow person, then I would definitely recommend some nail polish action. Try a combination of taupe and neon. I like OPI's Over The Taupe & OPI's Gargantuan Green Grape together. 

My pick for the perfect Taupe?? It has to be Satin Taupe from M.A.C.
Of course there are some dupes lying around Priceline, but you can't beat the perfect balance of smoulder and shimmer with M.A.C's Satin Taupe. For $26.00 a pan, this eyeshadow is amazing quality and will last a good six months (even if you wear it daily!). So its a steal really, for some trendy eyeshadow lovin.


Read all about Taupe over at The Beauty Department (if you haven't checked this site out yet, you are missing out!).

And if you need a guide or tutorial on how to wear the colour, I have below makeup tutorial from Its Judy Time. 

Images via Refinery 29Wall Street Journal This is Jane WayneMakeup Love Forever

So, have I convinced you of Taupe??
Talk soon, xoxo


TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,